Title: Top Ten Websites for Research
Author: John Brown University Library, USA
The Internet, Online, 25/05/2016
1.Project Gutenberg, as the oldest producer of ebooks on the Internet, provides access to 16,000 titles.
2.Christian Classics Ethereal Library is a theological library of online texts of the Christian tradition, compiled by a researcher at Calvin College.
3.The Internet Public Library from the University of Michigan School of Information, the IPL contains a wide range and variety of websites, with access to Subject Collections, Ready Reference, and magazines and newspapers.
4. The Public Library Of Science (PloS) provides open access to worldwide scientific and medical research, and includes its own PloS journals.
5. Best Information on The Net, from the O’Keefe Library at St. Ambrose University, provides a selective directory of Internet resources, focusing on ethical and social service subjects, and includes sections on “Hot Paper Topics” and “Resources by Major.”
6. ONFOMINE originating from the University of California at Riverside, the site has access to important educational and research tools, with over100,000 links.
7. Bartleby is a literary site with free access to selected ebooks of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry, as well as to reference works.
8. American Memory From the Library of Congress special collections, this site provides full-text access to primary and archival materials relating to United States history and culture.
9. Statistical Resources on the Web compiled by the Documents Center at the University of Michigan Library, the site has hundreds of statistical files, mainly from government sources, on such topics as demographics, consumers, education, foreign trade, health, and science.
10.NYPL Digital Gallery This New York Public Library site provides access to digital collections of primary sources and printed materials, including books, photographs, manuscripts, and maps………………………
live links and full text online at source