Title:Chunky Tomato-Red Pepper Soup
Author:Marian Cooper Cairns, Country Living
Full Text & Source: http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a5798/chunky-tomato-red-pepper
The Internet, Online, 16/2/2016
Feed a crowd with this bright, slightly piquant tomato and pepper soup.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 medium Sweet onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 can whole peeled plum tomatoes with basil
- 1½ c. vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tbsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ c. heavy cream
- ⅓ c. chopped fresh basil
- Grilled Cheese Croutons
- 4 slice toasted multigrain sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1¼ c. shredded aged white Cheddar cheese
- Sauté peppers and onion in a large Dutch oven in melted butter over medium-high heat 10 minutes until golden and tender. Stir in garlic and next 2 ingredients and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients.
- Crush tomatoes into chunks with the back of a spoon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in cream and basil; season with salt and pepper. Top with Grilled Cheese Croutons.
- Grilled Cheese Croutons: Rub bread with garlic clove. Place on a baking sheet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Let stand 1 minute; cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.