Author:Irish Theatre Institute
Full Text & Source: http://irishtheatre.ie/
The Internet, Online, 20/11/2015
IRISHTHEATRE.ie, produced by Irish Theatre Institute, is a comprehensive multimedia directory of professional drama, dance and opera in Ireland, North and South. Containing detailed information on 130+ theatre, dance and opera companies, 100+ venues and networks, and 30+ theatre and arts festivals, the directory also houses listings on funding bodies, training and support organisations, actor and literary agencies and international performing arts festivals and networks.
The site features links to latest Irish theatre news, as well as current and upcoming theatre events around Ireland (courtesy of the Arts Council’s Culture Fox website). All the information and images contained within IRISHTHEATRE.ie have been supplied by the organisations and individuals themselves.
Theatre / Dance / Opera companies / Producing houses who have been in existence for more than 12 months and have produced at least 3 professional shows within the last two years (including receiving venues who produce in-house work, such as the Civic Theatre, Tallaght). The productions are assessed based on a set of criteria including: company’s pay structure, established track record and professional background of the artistic team, and/ or reviews published in national media.
You will find information on artistic policy, personnel, recent productions and contact information.
You can filter your search by: REGION / COUNTY and also by type of company: THEATRE / DANCE / OPERA / PUPPET / STREET THEATRE/CIRCUS / YOUNG AUDIENCES / IRISH LANGUAGE THEATRE.
Venues / Festivals
Professionally managed and programming a significant proportion of professional drama and dance each year.
You will find information on programming policy, personnel, recent productions and contact information. You can filter your search by LOCATION / DATE (for festivals) / or, for venues, you can search by seating capacity, stage type or even enter the dimensions of your touring set to see which stages can offer sufficient capacity.
You can view search results as A-Z listings / MAP (venues) / CALENDAR (festivals).
Further information on funding, training, representation and international festivals and networks.
- Theatre Support Organisations Organisations that support both professional and non-professional theatre and dance in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Funding Bodies and Opportunities Organisations who provide funding opportunities through a submission based application process.
- Local Authority Arts Officers (Ireland, North & South): a full list of local authority Arts Officers from across the island of I Ireland including University and Institute of Technology Arts officers, Údarás na Gaeltachta Arts Officers and Area Partnership/Leader Initiative Arts Officers
- Awards and Competitions submission and non-submission awards, including playwriting awards.
- Professional Development Programmes Details of short professional development courses and mentorship initiatives for theatre practitioners in a variety of practices
- Formal Education Courses Directory of institutions offering formal accredited theatre training outside of Ireland. For a full list of courses in Ireland http://www.qualifax.ie
- Agents/Representatives (Ireland & UK): Directory of actors’, designers’ and casting agents in Ireland and the UK
- Literary Agencies (Ireland & UK) Directory of literary agents in Ireland and the UK
- International Theatre and Arts Festivals information on key International theatre and arts festivals and on those who have previously attended ITI’s International Theatre eXchange and Information Toolbox networking events.
- International Arts Markets/Networks International Arts Markets which offer promotional and networking opportunities some of which ITI has participated in over a number of years e.g CINARS, APAP, APAM.
Events / News
Theatre EVENTS are sourced by kind permission of the Arts Council from it’s Culture Fox website via continous feed and is refreshed daily. EVENTS arearchived after two months.
The NEWS items are from external publications featuring content related to Irish theatre and edited by Irish Theatre Institute.
Clicking READ ARTICLE / LISTEN TO PODCAST / WATCH VIDEO link will open a new browser window on the other publication’s website.