Must hold honours BA
The Graduate Diploma in Information and Library Studies (credited) program offered through Open Universities Australia will give you in-depth knowledge of the history, scope and role of information and referencing practices.
Studying this course, you will gain an education in collection development, the management of library and information services and the evolution of information processes.
A practical fieldwork component will also give you the training to match your education in information and library studies.
To be eligible for this course you must hold a bachelor degree or equivalent.
Open Universities courses are offered in specific study intakes every year, known as Study Periods or Sessions. This means more flexibility as you can choose when to start studying.
If you are studying undergraduate units you can start at the beginning of any of the four Study Periods each year, each lasting 13 weeks. Most postgraduate courses are offered in three Sessions per year, with each Session lasting 14 weeks.
Exams are usually held in the week following the end of each Study Period or Session.
Areas of study
During this graduate diploma program, the subjects you will study include:
- Information design
- Library and information services management
- Information management technologies
- Reference services
- Knowledge management principles
- Collection management
- Resource description and access
- Information theory & research
Get more information
Want more information about this course? Fill out the enquiry form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details you need.
Upon completion of this graduate diploma program, you will have the professional education and training to work effectively as a librarian. This course will give you the understanding to structure information objects and create metadata, and you will also learn how to handle both personal and public information.
How else will I benefit from this graduate diploma?
- Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Graduate Diploma in Information and Library Studies from Curtin University, as if you had studied on campus.
- Flexible study: studying by correspondence means you study on your terms – at a time and place that suits you.
- Government financial support available through FEE-HELP.
- You will be eligible for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association.
- Want more information about the career benefits of this course? Fill out the enquiry form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details you need.
Payment options & support
FEE-HELP is available.
Open Universities Australia offers a range of administrative and student support options. As a student of OUA you will have access to four hours of free expert tutoring support for each unit undertaken through the tutoring service call SMARTHINKING. This on-demand service allows you to get fast, detailed feedback on your assignment drafts and have access to your tutor in real time.
Henry Lawson Building
19 Roseby Street
Drummoyne NSW 2047
Phone: +61 2 9181 4639
Fax: +61 2 9719 2380
1300 MY FAQS
1300 69 3277
Online email: http://www.careerfaqs.com.au/about-us/contact-us/