Title: Archaeology – Dig It
Author: Council for British Archaeology, UK
Full Text & Source: http://new.archaeologyuk.org/online-archaeological-resources/
The Internet, Online, 5/5/2015
The Council for British Archaeology publishes and hosts a range of online resources and databases for archaeology professionals, students and everyone interested in finding out more about archaeology.
CBA publications offer access to our own research, through our Research Reports series and CBA Research Bulletin.
Electronic versions of our research reports and occasional papers resulting from CBA projects are available through the Archaeology Data Service.
CBA reports relating to our central aim to increase opportunities for participation and learning through archaeology are also available for download online.
- Browse online resources in our Research publications section
- Go to the Archaeology Data Service website
As a facilitator of archaeological research, we also provide a range of online services which guide you to the resources you need.
The complete series of CBA Research Reports, including microfiche, has been digitised and is being made available by the CBA as a staged process.
- See reports already available through the Archaeology Data Service.
British and Irish Archaeological Bibliography
The British and Irish Archaeological Bibliography (biab online) website is a comprehensive, online database for archaeologists, students and researchers of published references and abstracts, covering material from AD 1695 to the present day.
- Visit biab online website
The Council for British Archaeology publishes the premier eJournal, Internet Archaeology, providing access to quality academic content utilising the potential of electronic publication from video, audio, and full-colour images, to searchable data sets, visualisations, animations and interactive mapping.
International in scope and only available online, all content in the journal is subject to rigorous peer-review.
- Go to our Internet Archaeology website, hosted by the Department of Archaeology, University of York
Archaeology for All series
Browse online resources in our Books and publications section
The CBA publishes the award-winning magazine British Archaeology, available through digital subscription and our app, and free to members.
- Read more about British Archaeology
- Download our iPhone and iPad app or Android app for a free sample and to subscribe to British Archaeology
- Local government archaeology services
- National heritage organisations
- Archaeological contractors
- Funding for archaeology
- Standards and practice
- CBA Regional Groups
- Young Archaeologists’ Club
- Archaeology in Higher Education
- Regional and local archaeology societies
- Reporting archaeological finds