Title: Subject English (Library Materials @UCC Library)
Author: UCC Library
Full Text & Source: http://booleweb.ucc.ie/index.php?pageID=441
Library Databases for Research
- Start with: JSTOR; Wilson Omnifile; Project Muse; LION; MLA International Bibliography; Academic Search Complete; OCLC; Proquest Databases
- Further relevant databases are listed here
- See the full list of databases available at UCC for more.
- Find specific electronic and print journals by searching the ‘Journal Portal’ on the Library homepage.
- Browse ‘Language & Literature’ or English Literature journals to get an idea of what is available.
- Library Resources: ACLS Humanities e-book; Early English Books Online (EEBO); Eighteen Century Collections Online (ECCO); Women Writers Online; Gateway to the Classics; LION (Literature Online): over a third of a million full-text works of poetry, prose and drama; African Writers Series: 250 volumes of fiction, poetry, drama; Ebrary: a growing collection of online books from various publishers covering all academic subject areas; Shakespeare (Oxford Scholarly Editions): annotated editions of all of Shakespeare’s plays; Early 17th Century Drama (Oxford Scholarly Editions): annotated editions of Ben Jonson, Philip Massinger, John Suckling.
- Free Web resources: Internet Archive Text; Google Books; Project Gutenberg; Online Books page; Oxford Text Archive; CELT; Directory of Open Access Books; Oapen
- Dictionaries, Thesauri, Biographies etc. See ‘Reference Resources’
Catalogues and Open Access Research
- COPAC, British Library, Library of Congress, The European Library, Irish Archives Resource, Worldcat, Hathi Trust Digital Library, RASCL
- RIAN (Irish open access research), OAIster (open access research worldwide), DSpace at Cambridge (University of Cambridge repository), ORA (Oxford University Research Archive).
- General: Europeana; Irish Resources in the Humanities; Internet Public Library; Academicinfo.net; Voice of the Shuttle, World Digital Library, The European Library; Internet Archive, H-Net, DHO Discovery, HSIS, Archives Hub (U.K.), Irish Archives Resources, JURN (4,500+ free ejournals in the arts & humanities)