Fancy taking a break in Ireland? Well, you already know we love the place here in Discover Ireland – so we’re going to pool all our resources and tell you all about our secret hotspots, our brilliant and sometimes rather unique Irish festivals, plus we’re going to gather together some of the most amazing photographs from across the island, so you can picture yourself here whenever you like!
- Ghost Stories from Ireland
- Images of Connemara: Aoife Herriott
- Tracing roots to Galway City
- Things to do in Derry-Londonderry: Top 5
- The Rock of Cashel
- Ireland’s Landmarks: Lodges To Lighthouses You Can Sleep In
- St Patrick’s Day Recipes for your Party
- Castles, Castles Everywhere (and even some you can sleep in!)
- Learning the languages of Ireland
nother technique I use is infrared photography, which gave the hauntingly atmospheric feel to my Ireland’s Abandoned Ruins collection. It focuses on timeworn subjects that are in the process of being lost to the ages and reclaimed by nature. The Franciscan Abbey of Ross Errilly was founded in 1349 on the banks on Black River on the Galway-Mayo border. It is among the best-preserved medieval monastic sites in the country.