The True Book Addict is hosting a Christmas Reading Challenge for 2009. For me Christmas would not be Christmas without a few books to get me in the holiday mood (I’ve been known to be a bit of a holiday Scrooge).
Now, on to the challenge details.
The Christmas Reading Challenge:
- will run from Thanksgiving Day, November 26 through New Year’s Eve, December 31, 2009
- you can choose 1 – 3 books…I know it seems a small amount, but it’s a busy time of year and the challenge is only a little over a month.
- These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore or a book of Christmas short stories (sorry, no children’s books, but YA novel is okay).
My List – (4 )
- The Christmas Dog; Melody Carlson – very good
- The Holiday Grind; Cleo Coyle (review) – very good
- The Christmas List; Richard Evans – loved it!
- Wishin’ and Hopin: A Christmas Story; Wally Lamb (review) – loved it!
Click on The True Book Addict link above to sign up!
Shona said…This challenge sounds to be fun. Hope u get all the reading done and enjoy ur holidays.
thetruebookaddict said…Thanks for signing up for the challenge. I hope you have a good time with it! And thanks for following my blog!
I’m now following your blog =o)
Tea Time and Roses said…Christmas, my favorite time of the year.:o) A time to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour and to share with family and friends.
Your book challenge sounds wonderful!:o) Enjoy! Thank you so much for dropping by and entering my little giveaway. I hope you come back for another visit soon. You and your family enjoy a beautiful weekend.
Missy said…This will be a fun challenge…I love reading Christmas stories around the holidays!
Vivienne said…I definitely want to do this one!
vvb32 reads said…i always like to read at least one christmas related book during the season. you’re tempting me with this challenge. Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris is a hoot!
Alice Teh said…I’m going to participate in this challenge. I’ve selected three Christmas books in my TBR and will be posting about it soon.