CORK CITY from http://www.cork-guide.ie/corkcity.htm
Home > Cork City > Photo Gallery >Map
Designated European City of Culture 2005
Cork City is Ireland’s third city (after Dublin and Belfast) and has always been an important seaport. It began on an island in the swampy estuary of the River Lee (the name Corcaigh means a marsh), and gradually climbed up the steep banks on either side.
Today the river flows through Cork city in two main channels, so that you find yourself constantly crossing bridges.
Some of the main streets are built over channels where ships nuzzled their anchor-chains a century ago. Along the South Mall, you will see large gateways at street level, under steps leading to a higher main door. These were once boathouses, when merchants arrived at their warehouses by water.
As the hilly streets go up and down, so do the voices of the citizens. They have a characteristic sing-song cadence, beloved of national comedians, and Corkonians are regarded as the most talkative of all the Irish.
St. Finbarr is the founder and patron saint. He founded a monastery in the seventh century where St. Finn Barre’s Cathedral now stands, and it grew into an extensive and wealthy establishment. It attracted the attention of the Viking sea-pirates who raided and burned the infant city, but returned in later years to settle and trade. The Anglo-Norman invasion in 1172 resulted in both the Danish lords and local McCarthy chiefs having to submit to Henry II, but Cork has always had a reputation for independence and stubborn resistance: it came to be known as “Rebel Cork”.
Welcome to Cork @ http://www.cometocork.com/
Cork: Your home to business
Cork’s knowledge economy has attracted many major companies to the area. Manufacturing, especially electronics, telecommunications, ICT, Pharmaceutical and Biotech are all located in the greater Cork area. The internationally traded Services sector incoporating contact centres, shared services and financial services is also highly developed, with many corporations locating their operations here.
The Cork Region has been hugely successful in fostering productive partnerships both with indigenous businesses and multinational corporations including Amazon, Apple Computers, VMWare, EMC, Boston Scientific, Pepsi, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline and Siemens to name but a few. The strength of these partnerships has been perhaps the city’s greatest business asset, and has been the engine for its successful development into a dynamic European regional capital. That natural energy is underpinned by an ultra-modern infrastructure, a highly skilled and productive young workforce, the finest educational institutions in the country, and a well-integrated network of business support agencies.
Benefiting from Ireland’s low corporation tax rate of 12.5%, Cork is extremely competitive on the world stage. The Irish government and Cork City & County council’s are very supportive of incoming business ventures and direct investment in the Region. Combined with the supportive infrastructure of Cork Chamber, IDA and Enterprise Ireland, both domestic companies and overseas investors thrive in this vibrant business community.
This inward investment by international organisations can only be seen as a clear endorsement of the status of Cork in the international buisness arena. Business in Cork has been thriving for centuries – and it’s only just begun.
For more information on relocating to or investing in Cork, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +353 (0) 21 4317895.
Nature & Countryside
Rural Cork is one of the last truly unspoilt natural environments in Europe. In a landscape of unparalleled beauty, nature lovers can still glimpse foxes, rabbits, hares, stoats, otters, hedgehogs and red squirrels in their natural habitats.
Country walkways and cycle ways explore the remotest corners of the county – and hikers and bikers are always assured a welcome at An Óige’s many youth hostels. (Despite their name, the hostels have no upper age limit. Everyone’s welcome!)
No trip to Cork would be complete without a visit to one of Cork’s many fine country houses and their beautiful gardens. Longueville House near Mallow dates back to 1720 and has stunning views over the River Blackwater and the ruins of Dromaneen Castle – the original seat of the O’Callaghan family, who still live on and farm the 500-acre estate to this day.
Lisselan House and its 30 acres of gardens are on the banks of the Argideen River near Clonakilty. The house itself, dates back to the early 1850s. It was built – unusually, for Ireland – in the French Chateau Style from a design by famous Regent Street architect, Lewis Vulliamy. The gardens contain many spectacular features such as an azalea garden, rockeries, Japanese maples, water gardens, and a rhododendron grove.
On Fota island, just outside Cork city, you’ll find the internationally acclaimed Fota House and Arboretum. The house is a fine Regency-style building, reflecting life in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Fota gardens and arboretum are of international importance – one of the finest collections of trees and shrubs from around the world, including China, Japan, Australia and the Himalayas.
Arts & Entertainment
Corkonians are natural extroverts and so music and theatre, song and dance have always flourished here.
The city has a long list of busy theatres – Cork Opera House, Triskel, Cork Arts Theatre, The Firkin Crane Centre, The Granary Theatre and The Everyman Palace – and there’s always exciting drama, dance, live music, film or comedy running or about to raise the curtain.
The main venues for painting, sculpture and the visual arts in the city include the Crawford Municipal Art Gallery in Emmet Place, the Lewis Glucksman Gallery at University College Cork on Western Road, the Triskel Arts Centre on Tobin Street, the Fenton Art Gallery on Wandesford Quay and the Lavit Gallery in Fr. Mathew Street.
The new multi-million-euro CIT Cork School of Music opened on Union Quay in 2007, and apart from a 500-seater auditorium and music IT lab, amongst many other cutting-edge facilities, it also houses the largest collection of Steinway pianos under one roof … in the world!
Cork Tourist Attractions @ http://www.corkcity.ie/tourism/buildingsandtouristattractions/
Accommodation in Cork
The Top Ten Must Dos in Cork
On the Cork City Arts Trail
The Sporting Cork
Corks Cultural Heritage
The Way We Say It – A Look at the Cork Accent and Vocabulary
Tourism in Cork
Buildings and Tourist Attractions
Cork Heritage Open Day
Cork the Millennium Overview
The History of Cork
Cork Past & Present — online Local History
Print this page
Buildings and Tourist Attractions
The foundation stone of the City Hall, erected on the site of the former building was laid by Mr. de Valera, president of the Executive Council of the State on the 9th July, 1932. The building consists of three sections, two wings comprising the Municipal Offices and an assembly hall, capable of seating 1,300 people. The first occupation of the building took place in March, 1935, when the staffs of a number of the Departments moved into the western wing. The first meeting of An Bardas was held in the new building on the 24th April, 1935. The building was formerly opened by the President on the 8th Sept., 1936.
The building is designed on classic lines to harmonise with the examples of eighteenth century architecture and the modern buildings, fundamentally Georgian in character, that so richly endow Cork City. It is an imposing and dignified structure, and, with its long main front dominating the river, immediately attracts attention by reason of the excellence of its proportion and the simplicity of its treatment. The facades are of dressed limestone from the Little Island (County Cork) Quarries. In connection with the stone work, which is a feature of the structure, one may perhaps specifically refer to the columns of the Doric order that grace the main and subsidiary porticos.
Busts, by Seamus Murphy, R.H.A., of Lord Mayors Tomas MacCurtain and Terence MacSwiney were unveiled in the vestibule by Comhairleoir S. MacCarthy, T.D., Lord Mayor, on 28th June, 1964. The main entrance to the offices is through a marble paved vestibule to the main staircase hall. The stairs are of polished marble and the balustrading of ornamental hammered wrought iron. On the first floor over the entrance are the principal departments which form the Lord Mayor’s suite. The Council Chamber on the other side of the corridor is approached through a lobby. This Chamber is well conceived, being both lofty and spacious. It is naturally lighted from an ornamental dome. Galleries have been provided for distinguished visitors and the general public. Here much freedom has been displayed both in the decorative and plaster work and in the balustrading, the walls being in panelled mahogany. The furnishing of the chamber is also of mahogany to the Architect’s designs.
A plaque, by Seamus Murphy, R.H.A., bearing a profile of the late President Kennedy erected over the main entrance door of the City Hall vestibule was unveiled by the Lord Mayor, Comhairleoir S. MacCarthy, T.D., on 29th June, 1964.
Another plaque by Seamus Murphy, R.H.A., lists the first members of Council of the County Borough of Cork to be a Republican Majority.
A Visitor’s Book listing recipients of the Freedom of the City is available for inspection by interested parties.
St. Anne’s Church Shandon
Shandon Church, St. Anne’s Shandon dates 1722 but its tower was not erected until 1750. This is a very splendid Church with two limestone faces and two faces dressed in red sandstone. There are three terraced square towers topping it off which are very finely and gracefully proportioned. The steeple houses the famous bells of Shandon and the tower itself is one of the city’s best-known landmarks. The tower is crowned with the gilt ball and a fish in the form of a salmon, thirteen feet in length. The church replaces an older church of St. Mary which was destroyed in the siege of 1690.
Fr. Mathew Memorial Church
Fr. Mathew Memorial Church was built in 1832 on Fr. Mathew Quay. It was designed originally by G.R. Pain and although its very fine portico was not built until some fifty years later it is based on the original design and is the work of James Coakley. Its Bell Tower and lantern make it one of the most graceful buildings in the city and had it had an additional twenty or thirty feet in height would be all the more graceful for this. But it suffered many vicissitudes financially during its construction and would never have been completed were it not for the endeavours of Fr. Mathew, the apostle of temperance who launched his campaign through most of the States of the U.S.A. from Cork. Its interior is well proportioned and a very fine stained glass window behind the altar is the city’s only memorial of Daniel O’Connell.
St. Finbarre’s Cathedral
St. Finbarre’s Cathedral (C. of I.) is a striking finely proportioned early French Gothic building with three spires; the central spire is 240 ft. in height and the twin spires are 180 ft., it has a peel of eight bells and contains some fine carvings and has a very rich west front. The central doorway is a splendid one depicting the five wise and the five foolish virgins coming to meet the Bridegroom. All the carvings of the building were cast in plaster before being permitted by the Architect, William Burgess, to be committed to stone. Architecturally it must surely be the finest building in the city forming as it does a massive architectural pile standing on the high outcrop overlooking the city. Externally and internally the carvings, statues and gargoyles are a wealth of liturgical symbolism meriting time and study.
St. Mary’s and St. Anne’s Church
St. Mary’s and St. Anne’s Catholic Cathedral is another of the City’s prominent landmarks on the north side of the city. It was built originally in 1808 but was burned down in 1820 and reconstructed by G.R. Pain subsequently. His very fine interior is one of the country’s finest examples of a Florid Gothic style of architecture which has been maintained when the Cathedral was extended in 1970 by the late Chev. J.R. Boyd Barrett. Its massive bell tower built in a red sandstone with limestone quoins added by Sr. John Benson who produced massive plans for its extension which were not executed. It has a chime of nine bells and some fine sculptures; one by Turnerelli to commemorate Bishop Francis Moylan (1786-1825). There is another by Cork’s John Hogan. The records of Baptism and Marriages date from 1748 and are an invaluable source of family history. A major refurbishment took place in 1996.
St. Mary’s Dominican Church
St. Mary’s Dominican Church, Pope’s Quay, was built in 1932. It has a splendid portico of 60 ft. high Ionic Columns and the rich plaster work internally is noteworthy in that it is the craftsmanship of local stuccadores at a time when most of this work was done throughout the country by Italian craftsmen. Its high altar and Baldacchino is the finest in the city. One of its side altars houses the miraculous statuette known as ‘Our Lady of Graces’ (from the Friary at Youghal). The earlier Dominican foundation was at North Abbey and their church was an ‘Escalasia Magnifica. ‘
St. Peter & St. Paul’s Church
St. Peter & St. Paul’s Church, Carey’s Lane, is the work of the younger Pugin and is one of the finest neogothic works in the South of Ireland.
The Franciscan Church
The Franciscan Church, Liberty Street, was opened in 1953 and supersedes a series of chapels which began during penal times. The former church was built in 1830 and it is noteworthy that one of its entrances has been retained and now forms the main entrance to the adjoining Franciscan Friary. The Church itself is one of the Byzantine Style of Architecture and its interior is richly decorated with mosaics and has the largest area of mosaics of any church in Europe with the exception of one or two in Rome. It’s St. Anthony’s Shrine is one of the architectural gems of the city and like the mosaics of the church itself is the work of Commendatore Professor Umberto Noni of Rome. T.F. McNamara collaborated with him in the design of this shrine and that of the choir, the stalls of which were carved in Rome. Chev. J.R. Boyd Barrett supervised its construction and was responsible for most of the churches recently built in the city.
St. Patrick’s Church
St. Patrick’s Church on the Lower Road, erected in 1836, is a handsome Grecian structure designed by George Pain.
Christ the King Church
Christ the King Church at Turner’s Cross is one of the finest examples of modern church architecture in these islands. It was designed by Mr. Barry Byrne of Chicago and is a complete break with classical tradition. Side windows are completely omitted, light being admitted through lofty windows at either end and through the apex of the roof. The Stations of the Cross, of striking design, are the only devotional ornaments on the walls of the church.
The Collegiate Chapel of St. Finbar attached to the College is a beautiful Hiberno-Romanesque architectural gem, modelled on the famous Cormac’s Chapel on the Rock of Cashel. The stained glass windows are by Harry Clarke and Sarah Purser.
St. Finbarr’s South
St. Finbarr’s South is the oldest Catholic Church in the City and dates from 1766. Hogan’s ‘Dead Christ’ can be seen under the high altar.
The Courthouse is in Washington Street and provides almost two acres of office space. It is a fine building of Corinthian Order of architecture with eight Corinthian columns forming its portico raised on a stylobate of eleven steps. The building was originally designed by Kearns Deane and built by G.R. Pain. It was burned in 1891 and rebuilt after the designs by W.H. Hill and reopened in 1896. Its courtrooms today accommodate the Circuit Court and the High Court sessions held there annually.
Red Abbey, Abbey Street (off Douglas Street). The oldest piece of architecture to be seen in the City is the tower of the Red Abbey Friary. A late 13th century date for the Friary’s Foundation seems likely and the tradition of its foundation in 1420 by Patrick De Courcy may preserve the memory of a rebuilding.
The Coal Quay.
The Coal Quay. Although the Coal Quay is actually on the riverside further along to the right, the famous market of that name is in Cornmarket Street. Morning is the best time to see this open-air market, where the dealers’ raucous wit accompanies their bargaining over a heterogeneous assortment of articles, from fruit and vegetables to second-hand clothes, books and an incredible assortment of oddments and bric-a-brac.
By 1833 there were six enclosed markets in the City of Cork, the largest and principal one of which was the Grand Parade Market. There were also out-markets where articles were sold in the open street without covering. The City Council were entitled to collect tolls on goods brought into the City and from the traders who had stalls in the markets. A Clerk or Superintendent of Markets, appointed by the Mayor and accompanied by two beadles, three weighmasters and two collectors was responsible for the everyday management of the markets. A report on Municipal Corporations in 1835 refers to numerous instances of extortion in collection of market tolls in Cork. This often resulted in violence, riot and even bloodshed. The present buildings at Grand Parade Market was opened in 1881 and lead onto the Prince’s Street Market opened in 1868 and designed by Sir John Benson. The Grand Parade Market was traditionally a meat, foul and fish market and the Prince’s Street Market a root or vegetable market. A fire in 1980 seriously damaged the Prince’s Street Market but this has been carefully restored by Cork City Council. The elegant l9th Century fountain at the centre of this market was made locally by W.R.Harris of Great Georges Street and was once the main source of water supply for the traders. There have been many changes in the markets over the years. The old market beadles, with their tall hats and long coats, responsible for keeping order in the markets are gone, some of the market families no longer trade here but others have taken their places. The markets are still a haven of fresh food and a place where the people of Cork go to get the best of produce and, in particular, where one can still find Cork delicacies such as tripe and drisheen. The markets continue to be very much part of Cork life. The records of the markets from 1867 down to 1960 are preserved in the Cork City Council Archives which are held at the Cork Archives Institute. These chiefly consist of Market and Tolls Committee Minute Books.
University College worthily maintains the tradition of learning commenced by St. Finbarr’s great school of the sixth century. The main buildings are in Tudor Gothic style, enclosing a quadrangle, the whole surrounded by extensive grounds. The library, lecture halls, natural history and other collections can be visited on application. The original quadrangle was designed by architect, Benjamin Woodward who was taken on by Sir Thomas Deane for the project and two years later he was a partner in the firm. The new library was completed in 1984 and is the work of M/s Murray & Murray, Pettit & Partners.
The Crawford Art Gallery
The Crawford Art Gallery, Emmet Place, has sculpture and picture galleries open to the public. The older portion of the building dates 1724 and was a Custom House. The sculpture gallery was built in 1884 at a cost of £20,000 and contains a heroic size statue by John Hogan commemorating William Crawford whose son built the sculpture gallery. Modern Irish artists are well represented and there are some good old Masters in the collection.
Cork General Post Office
Cork General Post Office. Now we come to the most prominent building on the street, Cork General Post Office, with its handsome, finely-cut, silvery limestone facade rounding into Pembroke Street.
Cork’s famous theatres
And it was on this side that two of old Cork’s famous theatres stood. The first of these goes back to the late 1750′s when Spranger Barry came to Cork from the “Crow Street Company” Dublin, to establish a playhouse as part of an enterprise to secure the control of the Irish theatres. It was opened on Monday, July 21, 1760, under the auspices of the Theatre Royal and the curtins rose to the tragedy play “The Orphans”.
The erection of the theatre was made possible by the assistance of 40 subscribers each contributing £50, the receiving in return a solid silver transferable ticked bearing 4% interest and admission for an indefinite period. The theatre was modelled after the “Crow Street Theatre” and also resembled it in dimensions being 136ft in length and 60ft in width. For eighty years the citizens of Cork revelled in their enjoyment of the wit, wisdom and frolic of the theatre until the building, wardrobes, orchestral instruments etc. were destroyed by fire after a performance on April 1, 1840.
The second theatre was built in 1853 retaining the old name of “The Theatre Royal”. During the mid ’60s it was much improved extending its accommodation to seat 2,000 patrons. Mr. R. C. Burke was the builder and leasee. The theatre was remodelled from the designs under the direction of Sir John Benson – the Cork based architect. The refurbished and enlarged Theatre Royal reopened on December 26, 1867, and was a resplendent addition to the city street scape. The outstanding attractions to grace the stage in the theatre during the early years of the ’70s were appearances of the famous actor Barry Sullivan, the English Opera and the Opera Bouffe.
The theatre flourished until 1875 when it was sold to the postal authority. After much alteration it opened two years later as Cork General Post Office replacing a much smaller one on Pembroke Street.
St. Vincent’s Church
St. Vincent’s Church, Sunday’s Well: Catholic Church, a fine viewing platform with panoramic views of the city lies adjacent to this fine building. “Fastnet House”, (No. 11 Emmet Place). This unique and beautiful Queen Anne style house dates from c.1740 and is a fine example of a merchants town house of the period.
Savings Bank, Lapps Quay
Savings Bank, Lapps Quay. This elegant limestone building, designed by Thomas & Kearns Deane, was completed in 1842. Externally, simplicity and dignity are its key notes. The vestibule is plain but the banking hall is full of the detailed craftsmanship of the stone masons’ art. Blackrock Castle, Blackrock, Cork. Marks the gateway to Cork and offers an imposing welcome for the many maritime visitors to the city’s quays.
The National Monument
The National Monument, Grand Parade, was erected to the memory of the Irish Patriots from 1798 – 1867. Near the monument are some 18th century bow-fronted houses. Father Mathew Statue – ‘The Statue’ of local parlance – commemorates the Apostle of Temperance, who died in 1856. The statue is by Foley.
Cork Show Grounds
Cork Show Grounds, where Agricultural Shows and Jumping Competitions are held annually, is situated South of Marina Walk. Near here also are the grounds of the Gaelic Athletic Association.
Berwick Fountain, Grand Parade, was designed by Sir John Benson and paid for by Judge Berwick in 1861. It was the first memorial to Fr. Mathew in the City.
Municipal Offices and Fire Brigade Headquarters
Municipal Offices and Fire Brigade Headquarters. This building adjoins the City Hall and is the city’s Brigade Headquarters. Its console is linked with some major buildings in the city and all operations are controlled from it. The Housing Department occupies the third floor and the offices of the City Architect and the Estate Officer occupy the fourth floor. The Building was designed by the then City Architect, T.F. McNamara and was opened in 1975.
The Cork Vision Centre
The Cork Vision Centre, North Main St.: Restored St. Peter’s Church, (c.1270) contains a 1:500 scale model of the city. An excellent start point for tours of Cork, enhancing ones exploration of the living city. The Vision Centre also houses: an exhibition of Cork – past, present, and future; a continuous video presentation on the attractions and history of Cork; a viewing gallery and meeting/seminar area; visiting/temporary exhibitions.
National Sculpture Factory
The National Sculpture Factory is a unique facility in this country providing specialized fabrication facilities for sculptors and mixed media artists. It was founded in 1989 by a group of Cork sculptors who wanted to provide a focus for working sculptors from other parts of Ireland and abroad. The Factory is housed in a large 19th Century red-brick warehouse on Albert Road, provided by Cork City Council and was known traditionally and now again appropriately as “The Power House”. Funded by both Cork City Council and the Arts Council of Ireland the Factory is concerned with promoting and maintaining high levels of professionalism within the field of sculpture and affords numerous possibilities for projects in co-operation with various business and public agencies and with community and educational groups. National Sculpture Factory, Albert Road, Cork. Tel. 314353. Chairperson, Vivienne Roche; Director, Mary McCarthy.
The Life Time Lab At Old Cork Waterworks
Lifetime Lab, on the banks of the River Lee, is a unique attraction for visitors of all ages with its modern interactive exhibition, themed playground, beautifully restored buildings and equipment and scenic views over the River Lee. Lifetime Lab is located at the old Cork City Waterworks which was responsible for supplying water to the city of Cork over the past 3 centuries. The Waterworks is the best-preserved of its kind in Ireland. The old buildings and machinery have been carefully restored and are now being used to tell the story of how water was supplied to Cork City in the past.
Lifetime Lab is within 5 minutes drive of the City Centre and easy walking distance of Fitzgeralds Park, Cork City Gaol and Cork City Centre and local bus routes. It has a coffee dock, picnic area, ample car parking and is fully wheelchair accessible.
Public Parks & Walks
The City is well provided with parks, playgrounds and pleasant walks. Many City Streets also have been planted with trees and additional street tree planting is done each year.
Fitzgerald Park is a beautiful area of over 18 acres which has been greatly improved in recent years and which includes a fine display of flowers in both formal bedding and informal arrangements, together with a decorative pond with aquatic plants and a Children’s Playground. Within the Park is housed the Cork Museum. This Park, ideally situated alongside the river overlooked by the hills of Sunday’s Well, was the site of the Cork International Exhibition of 1902/03. It is entered from the Mardyke, a tree-lined promenade nearly a mile long at the Western side of the City, which gives access also to the Cork Cricket Club Grounds, the Sunday’s Well Boating and Tennis Club, and the University College Football and Athletic Grounds. It was formed in 1720 by Mr. Edward Webber then Town Clerk of Cork.
The Marina Walk extends westwards from the suburbs of Blackrock towards the City for a length of nearly two miles through lines of stately trees alongside the tidal river. It passes the Atlantic Pond which is a pleasant area comprising grassy slopes and walks around a decorative lake formerly the site of a mosquito-infested swamp.
This property contains an exotic collection of trees and shrubs. Here also is being established the central nursery where the City’s future trees, shrubs and plants are grown. The remainder of the property together with adjacent lands have been developed as an eighteen hole Municipal Golf Course which was formally opened on September 3rd 1980. The Lee Fields alongside the river upstream from the Waterworks has been improved and levelled making a large recreation area available to the western suburbs. Nearby is situated an area planted with forest trees by the City Council.
Adjoining the City Council’s housing area at Gurranabraher are two large playing fields. Small children’s playgrounds are maintained at Spring Lane, Shandon Street, Grattan Hill and at a number of other locations throughout the County Borough.
The Lough of Cork, surrounded by an extensive grassed area and located to the south west of the City is a pleasant recreation facility maintained by the City Council. The Lough has been designated as a bird sanctuary and a variety of wild life inhabits the area.
This is a newly developed park which has a new indoor swimming pool officially opened during 1976. Other facilities include one soccer and one Gaelic pitch. Part of the extensive car park area is being made available to give basketball and tennis facilities. Another part of the park which once had a dangerous quarry has been developed as a pleasant sunken garden with paths linking up the remainder of the ornamental garden. Other pitches have been made available, at Bishopstown, Lakelands and Mahon. At Bishopstown also a section of land has been made available to a local residents association for use as a pitch and putt area. A number of tennis and basketball courts have also been provided in various areas of the City. On the northside another swimming pool was officially opened in 1977.
Shalom Park is the most recent addition to the growing number of parks provided by the City Council.
Farranree Park has been laid out to give a playing pitch, and a children’s play area, which has swings and slides, and an ornamental garden with trees, shrubs, rose beds and seating. Glen River Park has been created in the former Gouldings Glen on the city’s north side. Care has been taken to preserve this “glen’s” natural features along with the creation of artificial lagoons. Bishop Lucey Park on the Grand Parade, although quite new, is much admired and frequented by citizens and visitors alike.
Pictures Of Cork
Cork County Hall
Cork City Hall
Cork Coal Quay
Cork Harbour Commissioners
North Main Street